Reporting Line: Registrar/CEO
Supervises: Strategy and Program Delivery Officer, Stakeholder Management Officer and Public Policy and Advocacy Analyst.
Key Relationships: External Clients, Internal Stakeholders, Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations, Professional Associations, Institutes and Organizations, Regulatory Organizations, Corporate Organizations, Educational Institutions, Committees, Examiners, Professional Members and other clients of the Institute.
Job Summary: Drives the Institute’s strategy development and management process in conjunction with the CEO and Council. Develops and updates CIPMs governmental and legislative agenda and spearheads the Institute’s role in advocating this agenda with governments and legislators. Builds and maintains relationships with non-governmental Institutional stakeholders both within Nigeria and internationally to extend CIPM’s reach and influence.
- Manage the strategy development process for the Institute with a view to defining CIPM’s long-term content and research strategy, policy positions and overall organizational strategy.
- Identify and drive insights that should shape CIPM and the broader HR profession in Nigeria and beyond
- Identify public policy areas impacting on the HR profession and proactively develop policy positions on behalf of the Institute and profession
- Championing such policy positions and creating and following up on “selling” opportunities to influence public policy outcomes
- Ensure formal recognition of CIPM certification in the public sector employment policy and influence the development and adoption of standards of HR practice in the public sector
- Championing CIPM influence in HR curricula of tertiary and other educational institutions
- Establish and manage formal relationships with all relevant stakeholders including International HR professional bodies, Government and Non-Governmental Organizations, Corporate Organizations, etc and identify opportunities for meaningful interactions and exchanges
- Special program development and delivery for stakeholders
- Management of the team members of the department as well as financial transactions of the department.
The Person: Senior HR Practitioner with at least 15 years post qualification work experience in Human Resource Management, 5 of which must have been spent leading a team of professionals. Must be a registered member of CIPM. Cross-functional experience in Stakeholder Management, Relationship Management, Communication and Advocacy, Strategy Development and interactions with Public Sector and/or Multinational Organizations will be an added advantage.
Compensation: These roles offer attractive Compensation and Benefits suitable for a Senior Management role.
Contact/Application Information: send CV and email email@example.com to apply