Africa’s leading digital logistics pioneer, Kobo360, has many job openings for Back-End Engineer engineers. We are looking for brilliant people to join the KoboSquad as the mission of fixing logistics fiction in Africa expands. The call is simple: build and operate a Global Logistics Operating System (G-LOS). Kobo360, starting from Nigeria, has expanded into many markets in Africa. Backed by some of the most prestigious investors in the world including World Bank IFC, Kobo360 clients include Dangote Group, Olam, Flour Mill, Unilever, etc. We will be happy to have you in this business.
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by other developers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills And Qualifications
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
Applications / submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.