Industry: Public Sector/Human Capacity Development
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
This role is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the principal. It involves working on medium to large scale human capacity development projects as well as managing his brand and PR communications effectively. This dynamic position requires the ability to work with minimum supervision, anticipate needs, think critically and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Develop integrated branding and communications strategy for the principal and office activities.
- Development and implementation of social media communication strategy. Management of various social media platforms for the principal.
- Design and Implement communication plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for the principal and the office activities.
- Project design, development and implementation.
- Develop relationships with key media individuals, outlets to secure and grow media coverage; both online and offline.
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related communication materials.
- Curate and create multimedia content for the principal and the office including images and videos. This ALSO means supervising the creation process of the content.
- Carry out research on topics relevant to the activities of the office or as requested by the principal.
- Prepare presentations for pitches and reports
- Writing speeches and articles.
- Analyze and report on various media communication campaigns.
- Respond to communications-related issues in a timely manner whether on traditional or digital media.
- Collating and analysing communication messages and ensuring consistency.
- In-depth understanding of the entire MS Office suite with proficiency in creating PowerPoint presentations. Working knowledge of IT tools like Google suite. (Google docs)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Good project management ability.
- Ability to manage and coordinate brand and project communications through the entire spectrums of the Print Media, Broadcast Media, and Internet Media
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms
- Good Knowledge of content creation and digital media management.
- Vendor Management and procurement of brand-related items.
- Strong passion and drive for excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Patriotic at heart.
- Must be resident in Abuja and available to travel.
Suitable candidates should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org