Watu is a dynamic fast-growing non-bank finance company that harnesses technology to offer both secured and unsecured lending primarily via mobile services. Headquartered in Mombasa, Watu aims to become the leading African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner.
The GPS Tracker technician is responsible for the process of installation and repair of GPS Fleet Tracking .
Location – Ibadan, Nigeria
Resumption Date – November 2020
Reporting Line – GPS Officer
Task and Responsibilities
- Installing, servicing and replacing GPS tracking devices on Company Assets (bikes, tuktuks, cars, etc.);
- Maintaining proper information logs and submitting to assigned supervisor all with GPS tracking device installation connected information – vehicle’s chassis number, plate number, make, model, color, trackers IMEI number, SIM card number, installation date and place. Other information may be requested at any time.
- Contacting client and organizing trackers’ service and/or replacement for the vehicles whose trackers are malfunctioning;
- Delivering the highest level professional service to the Company clients while keeping tracker’s installation and service information strictly confidential;
- Reporting all company related expenses (transport, installation related expenses) in accurate manner.
- Carry out other tasks as requested by the company management.
Minimum of National Diploma in electrical/electronics or any other related discipline
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in similar role
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player.
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various departments and team needs.
Key Behavioral Competence
- Ability and confidence to vary between being flexible and holding firm on a decision, depending on what the situation requires.
- Showing leadership by adjusting one’s approach to the demands of a particular task by taking and maintaining a position in a self-assured manner.
- Ability to be willing to take action to address needs without being requested to do so.
- Staying on-task to completion, particularly in the face of obstacles or other trying circumstances.
- Ability to work effectively with different people and teams of people by putting others at ease.
- Acknowledging diverse opinions, addressing relevant concerns, minimizing conflict, promoting harmony.
- Cooperating with others and working toward consensual solutions to achieve the group’s objectives.
- Ability to identify and set priorities, plan and effectively allocate appropriate resources.
- To attend to detail so that relevant issues are addressed and result in high-quality outcomes.
- Ability to work well under pressure or opposition, while maintaining effectiveness and self-control in the midst of any one or combination of stressors, including emotional strain, ambiguity, risk to self and fatigue.
Valuing Service and Diversity
- Ability to be sensitive to client and community needs and perceptions by providing prompt, efficient and equitable service, involving clients and community in the resolution of problems that affect them.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.