- The Junior Accountant is responsible for posting journal entries, updating financial statements, managing & maintaining accounts receivable and payables, administration of monthly payroll and preparing of financial reports. Also, ensuring that the world class standards are maintained.
- Maintain financial transactions on the accounting software chart of accounts and annual budget.
- Preparing asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Tracking all receivables and liaise with appropriate departments for collections
- Manage inventory by liaising with production department.
- Ensuring that accounting entries are entered accurately into the accounting software.
- Preparing periodic financial reports that compare budget costs and actual costs.
- Resolving debtor’s queries, outstanding invoices and statements
- Managing payroll operations by following policies and procedures
- Summarizing current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Documenting financial transactions by entering account information.
- Ensuring all documents and their respective supports are filed appropriately.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Sc. / HND in Accounting with a minimum of 3 years’ work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
- Experience in a manufacturing setting is a plus.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA certification is an added advantage
- Good knowledge and experience with general ledger, accounting and financial reporting principles& practices.
- Ability to use Xero or other accounting software.
- Experience with audit preparations is an advantage
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and communication Skills
- Comfortable working in small teams and in a flexible work environment
- Assertive and proactive: willing to learn and grow in the role
- Able to multi-task, prioritize with good business acumen and work in a fast-paced environment with high volume demands
Method of Application: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Method of Application: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to:email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.