Ports Operations Manager Recruitment at Libra Circle Ltd (LCL)
Libra Circle Ltd is a procurement and logistics service provider, we offer freight forwarding services to various companies who are industry leaders in Pharmaceutical, manufacturing, Oil & Gas, etc. Our aim is to continuously provide world class, all-encompassing logistics and result oriented services to our clients. We take the demands of this aspect of business upon ourselves and allow the client focus on the core area of her business. We guide and advise our clients on a range of freight solutions that can be employed to maintain cost efficiency and reduction.
Position Title: Ports Operations Manager
Job Type: Permanent
The Ports Operations Manager will ensure that all port operations related activities are carried on efficiently and effectively to allow the other operations to function properly.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Responsible for managing all ports deliveries in Apapa, Tincan and all port within the Apapa metropolis
• Generate daily reports to Management with respect to daily delivery operations at the ports
• Monitor the Port Operations Team to ensure waybills are issued promptly and correctly with zero tolerance for errors
• Ensure Port Operations Team are properly stationed and directed to the respective port where they are needed to carry out their duties
• Attend to all request from the client with respect to TDO’s, Waybills and any other complaints.
• Supervise all LCL’s Barging Operations in the port
• Supervise loading of trucks and barges for general cargo shipments
• Supervise all container empty returns within the port
• Responsible for periodic check to confirm information given by 3rd party transporter with respect to import and export shipment
• Provide management with inward / outward traffic reports within all the Ports in Apapa metropolis
• Minimum of three (3) years post qualification experience within the Procurement and Logistics Industry.
• Minimum of HND or First Degree in Procurement / Logistics or a related discipline
• MBA or Masters in related discipline would be an added advantage
• Certification from a reputable professional institution is also an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
You are good fit for this role if you have;
• Good working knowledge of the Apapa ports environment
• Strong track record in procurement and logistics operations
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office
• Performer’s mindset, who is self-motivated and proactive, obsessed with detail and quality, and personally offended by mediocrity.
• An open communication skill who takes ownership of deliverables, communicates ideas, and tests their efficacy with an analytical mindset.
Benefits & Compensation
• Full-time compensation
• Medical coverage for Self and Family
• Beautiful working environment
• Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
• Oh, and a chance to Win by Righteousness!
Suitable and interested candidates should forward CV and applications to email@example.com using the position as the subject of the mail.