We are seeking a Marketing/Business Manager who will be responsible for driving profitable growth within the food service channel for our client Business Unit. This highly visible role will lead the overall marketing strategy and execution within commercial and non-commercial food service segments across the sector.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute multi-year strategic plan as well as annual marketing program to deliver growth within food service channel.
- Flawlessly implement and execute marketing strategies to support business objectives.
- Develop understanding of key customers to implement annual promotional plan and marketing strategies that will increase visibility and drive velocity within end operators.
- Design and support seasonal promotions, new product and program launches, and innovative marketing initiatives to drive volume and relationships/favourability with end operators.
- Develop innovative programs and pitch partnerships to incubate new products and drive total brand awareness in an effort to support retail business.
- Synthesize consumer insights and secondary market research to inform and optimize plans.
- Lead specialized product offerings/packaging within the channel, launching new SKU’s that better meet customer requirements and deliver against key internal financial KPIs.
- Collaborate with finance co-pilot and brand teams to deliver a holistic pricing strategy that is mindful of total business, including retail and e commerce.
- This business is evolving with a sales team that is in transition – partner with division sales leadership to implement a new sales structure and then work to optimize the structure over time. Make strategic recommendations as the business evolves.
- Partner with Category and field sales to drive monthly account reviews and continue to fill account pipeline as needed. Identify key strategic accounts and lead any relevant RFPs to drive new business.
- Collaborate with sales to foster relationships with key customers, ensuring that we are bringing forward relevant solutions.
- Execute POS materials and signage, sales collateral and sales presentations, ensuring adherence to all brand guidelines.
- Partner with finance co-pilot and field sales analyst to develop ongoing reporting against plan KPIs. Integrate insights into monthly business meetings.
- Become an expert within the food service channel and support education efforts with leadership and brand teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities;
- Strong analytical and product management skills; comfortable with syndicated data as well disparate data/comfort with ambiguity and/or limited data.
- Strong knowledge of marketing vehicles and fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze business trends and financial metrics, including sales, return on investments, and profit and loss.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful with a drive to do what is needed to deliver growth – ability to think strategically, but not afraid of tactical execution; ability to work with limited resources.
- Highly effective project management skills.
- Must be able to work in a matrix environment, able to collaborate cross-functionally, and be a strong team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lead a small cross-functional team and collaborate with brand partners.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Functions effectively with ambiguity.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- 6-8+ years of experience in marketing, brand management, or product management.
- Experience in working closely with and/or leading sales teams is desired.
- Experience in consulting, channel marketing and/or B2B marketing is useful.
How to apply interested person should send cv to resume@HRLeverageafrica.com