Our client ,a multinational OEM ,and industry leading global manufacturer of construction and mining equipment , port machinery, oil drilling machinery and renewable wind energy system is looking to fill the position of a Sales Manager who will be responsible for executing the strategic direction and operational control of the Sales Office’s activity under the direction of the Company Management. As the Sales Manager, the jobholder is directly responsible to achieve the set sales targets and gross profits for the company’s products and services. The job holder is also responsible for the business development, continuous competency improvement, establishment of healthy customer relationship and cultivation of corporate identity.
- To implement the Sales & Marketing strategy for the Lagos and or Abuja Office in line with:
- Market development in terms of growth potential;
- Market positioning in terms of technology & price competitiveness; and
- Emerging opportunities target markets.
- To be responsible for achieving the assigned products’ sales budget and growth targets.
- To identify and establish new customers as well as new business opportunities to ensure successful market penetration.
- To establish healthy customer and consultant relations and to provide efficient customer service/support so as to solicit and maintain their confidence in the reputation of the products and services offered by the company as well as to improve the chances of successful sales.
- To closely monitor the competitive environment including technology and commercial developments of key competitors and provide these inputs to the Head of Technology to develop counter-strategies.
- To submit quotations or tenders after proper evaluation and analysis of customers’ needs, such as the budget, method of financing and technical configuration, and to follow up regularly on submitted proposals.
- To attend to customers’ queries, requests and complaints; to follow-up and ensure prompt and correct delivery as well as collection of outstanding accounts.
- To conduct market survey so as to collate information on market demand for the purpose of planning marketing strategy for the company’s products and services.
- To select and participate in relevant conferences and exhibitions.
- To liaise with the team members to ensure proposals are technically correct and accurate.
- To compile monthly prospects list of customers and recommended follow-up actions for submission to the Head of Technology.
- To provide periodic activity report and market information so as to keep the management updated on competitors’ movements and the company’s position in the market.
- To ensure all orders secured are professionally executed, on time and within expected quality and budget. Also, to ensure smooth work execution between the customers and the team members in areas of delivery, project implementation, commissioning and servicing.
- To monitor and review outstanding debts, on a fortnightly basis, to minimize risk of possible bad debts as well as to improve cash flow.
- To be responsible for preparing the annual budgets and its revisions.
- To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Sales Office’s activities.
- To learn, update and consistently demonstrate the core competencies required for the job.
- To review and reassign job responsibilities to staff and to mobilize them to continuously improve the operational efficiency of the Sales Office.
- To be responsible to comply with the company’s EHS policies, procedures, management programs and work instructions.
- To undertake any other tasks as and when assigned by the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A degree in Mechanical engineering or any other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5- 10 years experience with Strong sales background .
- Knowledge of heavy duty and construction equipment.
- Successful track record in managing large sales teams and result oriented.
- In depth knowledge of Nigerian markets
- Passion for markets and attention to details.
How to apply: Interested candidates should send cv to resume@HRLeverageafrica.com
Closing date: May 6th 2020